Devemos fazer a promoção do trabalho em rede. Que competências digitais e sociais devem ter os nossos alunos, do básico ao secundário? As respostas podem ser difusas e nem sempre consensuais. Os professores sabem que é imprescindível trabalhar com esse objectivo, mas que orientações têm?
10 conselhos essenciais retirados do site de Doug Johson, um especialista em questões de ensino, tecnologia digital e bibliotecas:
- Help students use educational networking tools to solve information problems and communicate digitally with experts, peers and instructors.
- Know the major Web 2.0 categories and tools that are useful in the K-12 setting. Know which tools are provided/supported by one's school.
- Use educational networking sites to communicate with teaching peers, students and parents.
- Navigate, evaluate and create professional content on networking sites.
- Use online networking to create, maintain and learn from a personal learning network - AND their students.
- Know the district networking guidelines, follow netiquette, conform to ethical standards and interact appropriately with others, especially students, online.
- Understand copyright, security and privacy issues on social media sites and share these understandings with students and professional colleagues.
- Understand the importance of identity and reputation management using social media and help students understand the long-term impact of personal information shared online.
- Create and follow a personal learning plan to stay informed about developing trends, tools and applications of social media.
- Participate in the formulation of school and district policies and guidelines related to educational networking and social learning.